Google Penguin 2.0 update that was rolled out on 22 May 2013 is the trendiest topic for the discussion among the bloggers and webmasters. Where lot of spammers got affected and lost their ranking in search results, hard workers also got awarded by this update. There is really a big change in search results after Google released this scary penguin update. According to Matt Cutts official blog post about Penguin 2.0 Update, 2.3% of English-US queries are affected after release of this update. From past few days, I getting too many emails of my blog readers that they lost their traffic and ranking in search results. They all ask me same question that how to recover their blog from penguin penalty? I want to let them know that I’m not an expert but as per my knowledge and experience, today I’m going to share some tips that you must try to get recovery from penguin 2.0 penalty.
Recover Blog from Penguin 2.0 Effect
Below I’m going to share those mistakes that bloggers do to invite penguin to feed their blog as its breakfast. After each mistake, you will get its solution. So, let begin the recovery process.
Low Quality LinksIf you have low quality link profile then the chances are higher to get hit by penguin. Low quality links can be of:
- Leaving spam comments on other’s blog
- Low Quality Guest Post
- Links from sites having low DA (Domain Authority)
- Non Relevant Links (links from unrelated websites or non relevant to your niche)
- And many more..
- First analyze your backlinks using online tools like Ahrefs, Open Site Explorer etc.
- Make a list of low quality links (PR 0, low DA) and send a request to site owner to remove that link.
- List down remaining links and disavow them using Google’s Disavow Link Tool.
Low Quality ContentPublishing low quality content on blog can also be a reason of getting hit by penguin penalty. Low quality content means:
- Duplicate Content
- Missing Content
- Keyword Focused Content
- And you know what I mean…
- Start posting original content on your blog.
- Edit old incomplete posts to add more worth to them and make them alive.
- Provide links to reference sites where necessary.
Exact Match Anchor Text
If you are focusing only single keyword to get link for your blog or website, then this is the biggest mistake you did in your link building process. Penguin hates this type of practice that bloggers do to rank for particular keyword.Solution:
The best solution of this mistake is: Use Anchor text diversity. Never use same keyword everywhere when building link for your blog. Below are four types of anchor text that you must try to use.
- Exact Match Anchor Text: Use same keyword in your link for which you want to improve visibility in search results.
- Partial Match Anchor Text: These types of anchor texts have some additional words with the exact match anchor texts like if you want to target Blogger SEO Tips, then you can use your anchor text as SEO Tips for Blogger.
- Zero Match Anchor Text: These types of anchor texts have no any keyword in them. You can use some common words like “Click here” to link your web pages.
- Branded Anchor Text: This is the last type of anchor texts. Instead of using any keyword, you can use your blog URL as anchor text like BloggerTipsTricks.com.
So, these were the 3 tips to recover blog from penguin 2.0 penalty. If you know other tips that can help bloggers to recover their blog from this penalty then please share them here through comments. I’ll be really thankful to you for your kind support. Happy Blogging!