But there is a good news: you can now list the pictures easily andautomatically using our recent posts image gallery widget. Perfect for listing recipes, design projects and other photo-centric posts.
Below are some the features of the gallery:
- You can set your preferred image size, any size. Image will come out sharp, no pixelation.
- Light -what you see is what actually loaded. Most image galleries take forever to load because they load full size images and then shrink them using CSS. This gallery loads the correct image size the first time.
- Posts can be filtered using a label.
- Support multiple galleries. The options (thumb size and post title overlay) can be set independently for each gallery.
- First go to Template > Edit HTML and add this script before the
</head>tag in your template.
- Then, add the following CSS code into the CSS section of your template (right before
- Set the image size (in pixel) in line 2.
- Set line 3 to
trueto add post title overlay on each image. False will display image without overlay. However, in both cases, the post title will appear in the tooltip that pops up when you hover the image.
- To display recent posts under a label (e.g.
RECIPE), replace the base URL for the src attribute with the label feed URL, like so:
- Set the number of posts to be displayed by changing the value of
Below are two live demo galleries.
This one shows the latest 10 posts from Blogger Sentral's general feed (
/feeds/posts/summary). Image size is set to 100px, and post title overlay is set to false.
This one displays the latest 6 posts from Blogger Sentral's "widgets" label feed (
/feeds/posts/summary/-/widgets). Image size is set to 140px, and post title overlay is set to true.